To be considered for the position, candidates must have:
- Ph.D. in a field relevant to the department.
- Accomplishments commensurate with a tenured faculty appointment in Animal Science at the rank of full professor.
- Demonstrated ability to provide visionary leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to create a shared vision and align resources to achieve strategic outcomes.
- A record of leadership and outcomes that demonstrate an abiding commitment to practices that enhance access, inclusion, and belongingness.
- Exceptional skills in communication and interpersonal relations.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- A record of excellence in foundational and/or translational research evidenced by a portfolio of publications, extramural funding, and collaboration.
- A record of excellence in teaching and educating students.
- A record of excellence in Extension and/or engagement.
- An ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of constituencies.
- Evidence of using data and/or fact-based information to navigate complex situations and make strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems and networks that encourage and support entrepreneurial activities.
- Sensitivity to the perspectives and values of students, staff, faculty, and stakeholders.