IANR employs about 1200 staff members, many of whom are forward deployed throughout the state. While there is a great diversity in staff member roles and responsibilities, all are engaged in advancing the teaching, research, and extension missions of the Institute, and in contributing to the impact that we are having on the state, nation, and world.
The mission of our staff council will be to enhance the work environment for current and future staff members. The council will do this by:
- Providing opportunities to staff members which allow them to grow professionally
- Bringing ideas and concerns that affect the culture and climate of IANR to the attention of IANR leadership
- Facilitating communication and meaningful connections among IANR staff
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Tech Time with Angie, Angie Rushman Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. CT, via Zoom
Archives available on past topics including: Mural Collaboration Platform; Google Drive; Google Analytics; Google Voice Communications Toolbox and Brand Requirements; Canvas; Web Audit and HTML Work; Video Editing Tools and much more. Tech Time with Angie is about demonstrating, sharing and sleuthing solutions to build your tech savvy skills. To sign up to receive notices of the next Tech Time with Angie email email@example.com.You can also join the zoom https://unl.zoom.us/j/771231507 Meeting ID:771 231 507 Password: 721894
- OUCH! Workshop, OASIS (Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services), Tuesday, September 29, 2:30 –3:30 p.m. CT.
The OUCH! Workshop is focused on understanding the impact of stereotypes and biased statements; identifying the most common reasons individuals remain silent in situations of bias and stereotypes; and providing participants the tools for speaking up against stereotypes without blame or guilt.
To Register: https://unl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqd-uqqD0iHtCI82ROdHrIX2aPc38RzJ63. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Healthy Eating, Marissa Pakiz, Campus Wellness Services, Thursday, October 22, 1:00 -2:00 p.m. CT.
Watch for more information soon.
Join Zoom Meeting https://unl.zoom.us/j/97458793579
Meeting ID: 974 5879 3579
- Microsoft Teams, Angie Rushman, Thursday, December 10, 9:30-10:30 CT.
Watch for more information soon.
Join Zoom Meeting https://unl.zoom.us/j/97946740306
Meeting ID: 979 4674 0306
Meeting Notes and Recordings
- Zoom Updates for Fall, Angie Rushman Tuesday, September 8, 9:30-10:30 a.m. CT
- Recording: https://mediahub.unl.edu/media/14369
- Slidedeck: https://unl.box.com/s/ys79uj960jl07eiwcw2de06i0uj5fhu5
- UNL Zoom: https://its.unl.edu/services/zoom/
- Come Meet Your Staff Council, Thursday, September 17, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CT.
- Recording: https://mediahub.unl.edu/media/14449
The following individuals worked with Associate Vice Chancellor Bischoff for about nine months to explore the advantages of staff council for the Institute. After talking with representative from other staff councils on campus and obtaining feedback from staff across IANR, this committee presented a strong proposal to create a staff council in IANR. The deans, associate vice chancellors, department heads/school directors are very supportive. The individuals below assisted with setting up the inaugural staff council.
- Kristin Beede, Research Laboratory Manager II, Food Science and Technology
- Eric Buck, Office Associate, Nebraska Extension
- Anjeza Erickson, Research Laboratory Manager II, Industrial Ag Products Center
- Kara Heideman, Communications Specialist, Agricultural Economics
- Jacqueline Herrick, Office Associate, West Central Research, Extension and Education Center
- Marissa Kemp, Financial Associate, AEM Business Center
- Kay McClure-Kelly, Administrative Associate, Agronomy and Horticulture
After talking with representatives from other staff councils on campus and obtaining feedback from staff across IANR, this committee presented a strong proposal to create a staff council in IANR. The deans, associate vice chancellors, department heads/school directors are very supportive. We are committed to helping it be a useful resource for staff members throughout the Institute.