To be considered for the position, candidates must have:
- A record of excellence in research evidenced by a portfolio of publications, extramural funding, and collaboration that demonstrates the skills and abilities to accelerate and maximize research impact.
- Accomplishments commensurate with a tenured faculty appointment in an IANR unit at the rank of full professor.
- Demonstrated ability to provide visionary leadership for complex organizations and/or initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and align resources to achieve strategic outcomes.
- A record of leadership and outcomes that demonstrate an abiding commitment to practices that are inclusive of diversity.
- Exceptional skills in communication and interpersonal relations.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- Documented success in a senior-/executive-level leadership role in a complex and decentralized system (e.g. higher education, industry, or government).
- An ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of constituencies.
- Evidence of using data and/or fact-based information to navigate complex situations and make strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems and networks that encourage and support entrepreneurial activities and the success of entrepreneurs, founders, or start-ups.
- Success in establishing mutually beneficial affinity partnerships with industry partners.
- Documented international programming/partnering experience related to agriculture, natural resources or the interplay of the global food, energy, water and societal systems.
- Sensitivity to the perspectives and values of faculty, staff, and students