In recognition of outstanding employees who demonstrate servant leadership in a way that inspires collaboration and excellence, and elevates the performance of others.
About: The Omtvedt Servant Leader Award is made possible by Leone and the late Neal Harlan, great friends of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, in honor of Dr. Irv Omtvedt and his distinguished career at the University of Nebraska. The Harlans had the vision and foresight to realize the importance of recognizing and supporting outstanding and innovative work in the Institute. The award recognizes staff members within IANR for their excellence, leadership, and dedication.
Award : $1000
Eligibility : Full time IANR employees in office/service or managerial/professional roles. Employee cannot be on corrective probation.Awards Home
Full nomination packet should be submitted electronically by Unit Administrator to the IANR Vice Chancellor's office in care of Jessie Brophy at email@example.com and include;
- Letter of recommendation ; The nomination packet must include a letter of recommendation from the nominator. The letter should include a detailed description of the qualities which make your nominee deserving of the award, including specific examples and quotes from colleagues when available.
- A current position description
Nominations can be made by anyone, however, the nomination must be submitted through and approved by the unit administrator. All nominations are due October 1 .
- Submit nomination packet to unit administrator
- Administrator is to electronically forward materials, as one pdf document, to the Vice Chancellor's office in care of Jessie Brophy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each nomination is reviewed annually by IANR Staff Awards Committee
- One or more Omtvedt Servant Leader Awards will be selected annually
- Contact the IANR Vice Chancellor's Office at 402-472-7080 for questions regarding the nomination process.
|2018||Jeff Golus||West Central Research and Extension Center|
|2017||Jeffrey Perkins||Animal Science|
|2016||Debra DeWald||AVE Business Center|
|2016||Wanda Bowder||Food Science & Technology|
|2016||Allen Specht||Business Center|
|2016||Rosalee Swartz||Agricultural Economics|
|2015||Clyde Naber||Animal Science|
|2015||Judy Rastede||Northeast Research & Extension Center|
|2015||Roger Wilson||Agricultural Economics|
|2014||David Althouse||South Central Agricultural Laboratory|
|2014||Linda Arnold||IANR Vice Chancellor's Office|
|2014||Vicky Kobes||Animal Science|
|2014||Charlene Wendt||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2013||Bob Klein||West Central Research & Extension Center|
|2012||Barry Shull||IANR Vice Chancellor's Office|