In recognition of outstanding employees who maintain a high level of exemplary service to the University of Nebraska
About: Up to two Exemplary Service Awards are presented each year to University of Nebraska–Lincoln Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources employees. This award recognizes and rewards employees who have made significant and sustaining contributions to the University during their career. It focuses on staff members who contribute to the essential work of IANR at the highest level of excellence.
Recipients of this award exemplify meritorious service that is above the normal duties of their position. Nominations will be evaluated based on positive impact on the department, institute, and/or University.
Eligibility: After 5 years, individuals who have received a Kudos award are eligible for the annual IANR Exemplary Service Award. Nominees should consistently demonstrate high-quality performance, project a commitment toward excellence in the quality of daily work, inspire a "teamwork attitude," contribute to high-staff morale, and use sound judgment in the exercise of duties.Awards Home
Full nomination packet should be submitted electronically by Unit Administrator to the IANR Vice Chancellor's office in care of Jessie Brophy at email@example.com and include;
- Letter of recommendation; The nomination packet must include a letter of recommendation from the nominator. The letter should include a detailed description of the qualities which make your nominee deserving of the award, including specific examples and quotes from colleagues when available.
- A current position description
Nominations can be made by anyone, however, the nomination must be submitted through and approved by the unit administrator. All nominations are due October 2.
- Submit nomination packet to unit administrator
- Administrator is to electronically forward materials, as one pdf document, to the Vice Chancellor's office in care of Jessie Brophy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each nomination is reviewed annually by IANR Staff Awards Committee
- Up to two Exemplary Service Awards will be selected annually
- Contact the IANR Vice Channcellor's Office at 402-472-7080 for questions regarding the nomination process.
|2016||Nancy Wagner||IANR Business and Finance|
|2016||Sharon Holman||Panhandle Research and Extension Center|
|2015||Rosalee Swartz||Agricultural Economics|
|2014||Barry Shull||IANR Vice Chancellor's Office|
|2013||Murd Holland||IANR Vice Chancellor's Office|
|2010||Thomas McAndrew||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2009||Leonard Wit||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2008||Linda Arnold||IANR Vice Chancellor's Office|
|2008||Rosanna Johnson||IANR Media|
|2004||Jeanne Andelt||Nebraska Forest Service|
|2004||Charlene Wendt||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2003||Daniel Schaaf||West Central Research & Extension Center|
|2002||Vicky Kobes||Animal Science|
|2002||Pat Smith||IANR Finance & Personnel|