In recognition of a meritorious faculty member for unique contribution in teaching, research, or extension education
About: The Dinsdale Family Faculty Award is in honor of the Dinsdale family. The funds of this gift shall be used to provide awards to faculty for outstanding teaching, research, and outreach in the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Nominations will be evaluated based on creativity and excellence of the nominee's work in fulfilling his or her position description. Examples of such creativity and excellence may include grants, publications and impact in the area of research; student evaluations, development of new methods of teaching, grants and course development in the area of teaching; and program impacts, responsiveness to clientele needs and development of new programs, materials and publications in the area of extension and outreach.
Eligibility: Faculty member who has not yet been awarded tenure or who is not in a tenure track position; e.g. equivalent rank faculty, lecturers, extension educators, who have demonstrated unique contributions in teaching, research, or extension education.Awards Home
Full nomination packet should be submitted electronically by Unit Administrator to the IANR Vice Chancellor's office in care of Jessie Brophy at firstname.lastname@example.org and include;
- Letter of recommendation; The nomination packet must include a letter of recommendation from the nominator. The letter should include a detailed description of the qualities which make your nominee deserving of the award, including specific examples and quotes from colleagues when available.
- Previous year's Activity Insight report
- Position description
Nominations can be made by anyone, however, the nomination must be submitted through and approved by the unit administrator. All nominations are due October 2.
- Submit nomination packet to unit administrator. Nominations should include the signatures of the nominator and the unit administrator.
- Administrator is to electronically forward materials, as one pdf document, to the Vice Chancellor's office in care of Jessie Brophy at email@example.com
- Each nomination is reviewed annually by IANR Staff Awards Committee
- Up to two Dinsdale Family Faculty Award will be selected annually
- Contact the IANR Vice Channcellor's Office at 402-472-7080 for questions regarding the nomination process.
|2017||Dipti Dev||Child, Youth and Family Studies|
|2015||Samodha Fernando||Animal Science|
|2014||David Lambe||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2014||Deepak Keshwani||Biological Systems Engineering|
|2013||Harkamal Walia||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2013||Tonia Durden||Child, Youth, & Family|
|2012||Daniel Ciobanu||Animal Science|
|2012||Angie Pannier||Biological Systems Engineering|
|2011||Aaron Berger||Panhandle Research & Extension Center|
|2011||Jennifer Wood||Animal Science|
|2010||Maria de Guzman||Child, Youth, & Family|
|2009||Tamra Jackson||Plant Pathology|
|2009||Jens Walter||Food Science & Technology|
|2008||Bill Booker||Panhandle Research & Extension Center|
|2008||Stephen Wegulo||Plant Pathology|
|2007||Amalia Yiannaka||Agricultural Economics|
|2007||Deana Namuth||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2007||Kathy Hanford||Animal Science|
|2006||Tala Awada||School of Natural Resources|
|2006||Harshavardhan Thippareddi||Food Science & Technology|
|2005||Greg Bashford||Biological Systems Engineering|
|2005||Galen Erickson||Animal Science|
|2004||Loren Giesler||Plant Pathology|
|2004||Martha Mamo||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2003||Geoffrey Henebry||School of Natural Resources|
|2003||Rosie Nold||Animal Science|
|2002||Viacheslav Adamchuk||Biological Systems Engineering|
|2002||Tom Clemente||Agronomy & Horticulture|
|2001||Konstantinos Giannakas||Agricultural Economics|
|2001||Scott Josiah||School of Natural Resources|
|2000||Brian Benham||South Center Research & Extension Center|
|2000||Jeffrey Cirillo||Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences|
|1999||Susan Hefle||Food Science & Technology|