Notable events throughout CASNR's 145 year history
1872 - The University of Nebraska Board of Regents establishes the College of Agriculture.
1919 - The Nebraska tractor test law passes, stating that no new tractor could be sold in Nebraska without first being tested by the University of Nebraska's agricultural engineering department.
1954 - An international programs branch of the college is established.
1957 - Burr and Fedde Halls are constructed on East Campus, offering on-campus living for College of Agriculture students.
1964 - The College of Agriculture honors program is launched, which led to a superior university-wide honors program that exists today.
1974 - The University of Nebraska Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources is established.
1990 - The college name is changed to the College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources.
1997 - CASNR undergraduate honors research is created, which led to the campus-wide UCARE program in 2000.
2000 - Master of Agriculture degree added.
2005 - The first CASNR Salute to Graduates is held.
2006 - The professional Program in Veterinary Medicine, a joint program with Iowa State University, is established.
2016 - CASNR produces 563 total graduates, its largest number of skilled graduates ready to enter the workforce.
2017 - The Massengale Residential Center and Veterinary Diagnostic Center open on East Campus, reinforcing the living and learning environment.